Monday, September 12, 2011

Pizza, Pizza: Easy Easy!

Pizza (and pattern!) found here
In all fairness, I feel I should warn you: this recipe was born of exhaustion and caffeine abuse!  I was at the end of a very busy and long day, and I made the mistake of drinking a "Rockstar" canned coffee drink.  It contains caffeine, ginsing, taurine, caffeine, guarana, caffeine, b-vitamins and sugar.

Lessons learned:  1.  No one should ever, ever drink anything containing guarana.  It's very, very bad for you. 
2.  No one past the late-night-cramming sessions age should drink anything containing caffeine at 5pm.
3.  Weird recipes happen when Mom consumes caffeinated, sugary beverages before cooking dinner!

My inspiration for dinner was a bag of baby spinach that was fast coming up on it's expiration date.  I threw in in the double-boiler, and steamed it briefly until the leaves were wilted.  Then I pureed the spinach in my fancy-schmancy new food processor (woo-hoo!).

Next, I layered tortillas into a super simple pizza, in this order:

Tortilla, cover with about 2 tbsp of spinach puree, sprinkle with parmesean, and a little bit of shredded cheese.

2nd tortilla, cover with marinara sauce, and cover with plenty of shredded cheese.
Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for about 10 mins.

I made two, but I really only need one for all four girls.

Not surprising, #1 and #2 were extremely suspicious, and not happy about the green layer.  #1 said the combination of spinach and marinara tasted "weird", but #2 actually like it.  #3 and #4 picked theirs apart, just like they do with their sandwiches.  The biggest surprise?  My husband loved it!  He has already requested that I make it for our annual Halloween party!

Official tally:


No comments:

Post a Comment