Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Easy Cookies

Happy cookie (and pattern!) found here
When I got home yesterday from a 4 day weekend away with my husband, the first thing #3 says to me is, "Can we make cookies?"  My answer was, of course, "Tomorrow!"

So, today, the minute she woke up, and every 5 or so minutes afterward, "Can we make cookies now?"

Finally, this afternoon, after she got home from preschool, we made cookies.

I wasn't really up for the usual measure-fest that cookie baking from scratch can be, so I decided to try a short-cut.  I have made "Funfetti" cookies before, just a box of Funfetti Cake Mix (Pillsbury), oil and eggs.  They're super easy, the recipe is right on the box, and everyone loves them.

Since I wanted to sneak something healthy into them, I tweaked the recipe...a lot. Also, I for some unknown reason had 4 boxes of Orange Supreme cake mix, so I decided, hey, why not?  Orange and sweet potato could taste good together...maybe...


Here's the recipe:

1 box (any flavor really) cake mix
2/3 cup sweet potato puree
2 tbsp canola oil
2 eggs
sprinkles
cooking spray

Mix ingredients, drop by spoonfuls onto cooking sprayed cookie sheets, bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.

Now, like I said, this was a group effort.  #3 and #4 were very involved, which is why we ended up with Christmas colored sprinkles.


That's also why we ended up with so many...that's #3 dumping the rest of the container in!

Oh, and this is also what happens when one of them gets a hold of the camera:






I particularly like the one of #4 trying to pull my shirt off.  Sigh.

The good news is, they came out pretty good!



The thumbs up are from the littles, they were they only ones willing to sample! They loved their cookies, and had fun making them. The really good news? My kitchen survived with a minimum of mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment