Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sandwich Spree Wrap-up

BFF pbj found here
My original goal for the sandwich spree was to find alternatives to soynut butter and jelly sandwiches.  I tried fun looking sandwiches, different filings...but ultimately, sbj is still the safest bet if I want everyone to eat the same thing.

But, so what?  At least I know there is one thing I can make that they will eat!

And, I also found that while using cookie cutters to make different shape sandwiches may not get them to eat something different inside, but it is an easy (and fun!) way to take off the crusts that no one was eating anyway.

There was one big improvement that came out of the Sandwich Spree.

#2's school lunch last year included a soynut butter and jelly, soynut butter and honey, or fluffernutter every day.  Every.  Day.

This year, she has asked to include pepperoni and hummus, hummus and carrot, and egg salad as lunch menu options!

The lesson learned, for me at least, is to try new things, even if you don't think anyone will like them!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! And good for #2 for being willing to try and accept new things.

    ReplyDelete