Saturday, August 20, 2011

Simple Stir Fry

Knit tofu (and pattern!) found here
Well, it started simple anyway!

Tonight's dinner really wasn't for the kids. I don't think every dinner has to be! Especially since the littles hardly ever eat more than a couple of bites, it's not worth the effort to always make dinner that I think they'll like. So tonight, we had stir fry! Or at least, our very simple, vegetarian version of it.

I made a box of Thai Kitchen's Thai Yellow Curry rice, which as odd as it may seem, everyone in our family likes...or at least, did the last time I made it.

Next, I sliced up one package of Trader Joe's high-protein-organic-super-firm tofu into little 1" rectangles. (With 14g of protein, 6% of your daily calcium, 10% of your iron, and only 100 calories per 3oz serving, it's well worth the ridiculously long name!)

We...whoops, I keep saying we, but what I should be saying is "my husband". He did most of the actual cooking. I just told him what to put in it! Anyway, he lightly fried the tofu in olive oil with a little garlic salt, and curry powder, then added about 1/2 cup of coconut milk.  He cooked it until the coconut milk had reduced to a sauce.

We had a bag of Flav-r-Pac Sugar Snap Pea Stir Fry Vegetables, so he steamed those, and mixed them together with the tofu before serving.


Predictably, my husband and I loved it, #1 liked it, (#2 was at a friend's house), #3 wouldn't touch it...and #4 took one bite and then said "Ew, yuck!"...her current favorite dinner time phrase.  #4 did love the rice still, she ate 3 helpings!

So, curry stir fry:



How do you do stir fry?

No comments:

Post a Comment