Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Blueberries: Day 3

Happy knit muffin found here.
Thanks to all of my loyal readers for the blueberry recipe ideas!

Some of the ideas suggested:  blueberry muffins, blueberry syrup, blueberry dumplings over vanilla ice cream, blueberry muffins, brownies with blueberry, blueberry cobbler, blueberry crisp, chocolate blueberry cake, blueberry ice cream, blueberry yogurt popsicles, (minus the kale!), lemon blueberry yogurt loaf, blueberry muffins, blueberry cupcakes with blueberry frosting, blueberry breakfast cookies, blueberry pancakes, blueberry muffins, pie cobbler...


The one thing suggested over and over again was blueberry muffins!  So, I pulled out another trusty cookbook,  Quaker Oats Classic Recipes.  Today's recipe has been a winner before, "Blueberry-ginger Muffin Tops".  (Link to the recipe here.)  And although the name conjures up images of a redhead in ill-fitting pants, they're actually quite tasty!  I did make one substitution (when do I not?), and used 1 tsp of cinnamon instead of the 3/4 tsp of ginger.  For once, NOT because I didn't have an ingredient!  The ginger makes the muffin tops (which #3 insists are cookies) a bit spicy for the littles.  Cinnamon is a safer bet.


Here's a picture of the finished product:








And the verdict:







Oh, and I bet you thought I forgot...the verdict on the green, sticky, blueberry-cheesecake cupcakes?



Surprised?  Yeah, I'm not really either.  Except that #3 actually liked them!

1 comment:

  1. I was lucky enough to taste one of the muffin tops and they were very good. Another thumbs up for them!

    ReplyDelete