Sunday, July 31, 2011

Ever wear too many hats?

Stack of hats found here
I think most moms (and dads!) can relate to the feeling of wearing too many hats.  On a normal day, I wear the hats of mom, cook, house-cleaner, laundress, nose-wiper, referee...did I miss any?  On top of those, I added (just for fun): blogger, knitter, and baker.  And, just for an extra busy weekend, I added cake decorator, birthday party planner, and jewelry designer.

So which hat falls off?  This week, it was cook and blogger...sorry.

It was a week about spaghetti, frozen pizza, cheese & crackers, and other easy meals.

On the plus side I made this:

#2's 8th birthday cake (that's a horse, in case you can't tell)


And this:

My first ever attempt at making jewelry
Drank a lot of this:

And I went here:



The zoo, with all four of my monkeys.

<------#3 loved the penguins

#4 and a gorilla --------->

We ate sandwiches, drank from juice boxes, had ice cream...and there were meltdowns, tantrums, whining...oh, and the kids did some of that too.




I did manage to make one experimental recipe, which went over pretty well...probably because the main ingredient was marshmallows.

Here is the recipe:

3 tbsp butter
6 cups marshmallows
7 cups cheerios
3/4 cup craisins

Butter (or spray) a 13x9" pan.
Melt the butter and marshmallows in the microwave until creamy, stirring every 30 seconds or so.  Stir in cheerios and craisins.  With buttered hands, press the (extremely sticky!) mixture into the pan.  Cool in the refrigerator for 10 mins, or until firm.  Cut, and serve...but don't forget to have wipes handy!

The picture:






The official tally:




Oh, and:



The dog loved them too!  I dropped one on the floor and...well, you know how that goes!

1 comment:

  1. Argh! I did it again! That is supposed to be thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete